AHS Crew Leaders act as liaisons between the AHS office, the project host and the crew. You do not need to be an expert trail builder to take on the role of Crew Leader, but you do need to have prior volunteer vacation experience, have good communication and organizational skills, and be a flexible team player.
Join us in this important endeavor to improve our trails and ensure a memorable experience for all of our volunteers!
Become an American Hiking Society Crew Leader
2. Check out the 2017 Volunteer Vacations Schedule and review the below listing of trips that still need a crew leader:
|Saguaro National Park||Arizona||3/5/17||3/11/17|
|Los Padres National Forest||California||3/19/17||3/25/17|
|Chassahowitzka National Wildlife Refuge||Florida||4/16/17||4/22/17|
|Chugach National Forest||Alaska||6/4/17||6/9/17|
|Manti-La Sal National Forest||Utah||6/4/17||6/10/17|
|Virgin Islands National Park||St. John||11/18/17||11/25/17|
3. Submit a 2017 Volunteer Vacations Crew Leader Application. You will receive confirmation that we received your application.
- APPLY ONLINE (or)
- DOWNLOAD the 2017 Crew Leader Application
- Mail: Attn, Libby Wile, 8605 Second Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Email: LWile@AmericanHiking.org
4. If you would like to get involved but are not sure you are ready to lead a crew on your own, please contact Libby Wile at LWile@AmericanHiking.org or call 1-800-972-8608 ext. 704. We will keep your contact information on file for future correspondence, orientation dates, and training information, and can potentially arrange for you to shadow an experienced Crew Leader on your next trip.
Crew Leader Benefits
Thank You to the following sponsors for providing product for our 2016 Crew Leaders!