AHS Crew Leaders act as liaisons between the AHS office, the project host and the crew. You do not need to be an expert trail builder to take on the role of Crew Leader, but you do need to have prior volunteer vacation experience, have good communication and organizational skills, and be a flexible team player.
Join us in this important endeavor to improve our trails and ensure a memorable experience for all of our volunteers!
Become an American Hiking Society Crew Leader
2. Submit a 2017 Volunteer Vacations Crew Leader Application. You will receive confirmation that we received your application. PLEASE NOTE: there are currently no open Crew Leader positions for 2017 trips. Feel free to submit your application and we will keep if on file for future trips.
- APPLY ONLINE (or)
- DOWNLOAD the 2017 Crew Leader Application
- Mail: Attn, Libby Wile, 8605 Second Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20910
- Email: LWile@AmericanHiking.org
3. If you would like to get involved but are not sure you are ready to lead a crew on your own, please contact Libby Wile at LWile@AmericanHiking.org or call 1-800-972-8608 ext. 704. We will keep your contact information on file for future correspondence, orientation dates, and training information, and can potentially arrange for you to shadow an experienced Crew Leader on your next trip.
Crew Leader Benefits
Thank You to the following sponsors for providing product for our 2017 Crew Leaders!